Lewa Safari Camp, Kenya
Sprawling over the Laikipia plains, Lewa Wildlife Conservancy is a prolific wildlife conservancy that is popular with celebrities, conservationists, writers and photographers. Lewa found recent media attention with stories of a blossoming Royal romance.
Underpinning the glamorous magnetism of Lewa Wildlife Conservancy is a serious mission: a pioneering and pragmatic approach to conservation, founded in the 1970s, that has developed into a thriving and globally recognised rhino conservation habitat.
Visitors to Lewa are privy to some of the most spectacular wildlife viewing that Kenya has to offer: lion, leopard and jackal thrive on the rich diversity of prey that inhabits the area. The Wildlife Conservancy is home to the largest concentration of Grevy’s zebra in the world, and its range of habitats attracts diverse birdlife and rare species such as Beisa oryx.
Featuring large tented bedrooms with verandahs and full en-suite bathrooms, Lewa Safari camp offers authentic comfort for its visitors; cozy log fires in the sitting room are perfect for relaxing after a day in the Conservancy. This unique and exclusive retreat offers privileged access to 65,000 acres of private protected wilderness. If you would like to experience the unique atmosphere and incredible setting of Lewa Safari Camp, get in touch with us today to discuss the requirements for your bespoke safari.
Why Book your Safari With Us?
We have over 25 years experience operating luxury safaris in Kenya. Our intimate safari camps and lodges, away from busy tourist hotspots, are world renowned, and our open-side game drive vehicles with inbuilt camera chargers are the very best that Kenya has to offer. We work closely with local tribes, communities and guides; our focus is to conserve and preserve the beautiful culture and wildlife of Kenya, whilst providing a breathtaking experience for our guests.
About the camp
- 11 tents, plus 2 family tents (each with 2 ensuite bedrooms sharing a verandah)
- Dining & lounge with cozy log fires
- Swimming pool, shop, massage
- Silver level eco-rating
- Private 65,000 acre wildlife conservancy & rhino sanctuary
- 10% of Kenya’s black rhino population
- Game drives in custom 4×4 game viewing vehicles
- Horse & camel riding
- Bush breakfasts, sundowners, and picnics
- World’s largest population of Grevy zebra
- Guided bush walks with experienced guides and wildlife rangers
- Bronze KPGSA & Lewa Standard certified guides
- Community projects and educational programs
- Revenue that directly benefits Lewa Wildlife Conservancy conservation work and local communities